Are you a foreigner who wants to work in Vietnam but unsure about the legal requirements? Worry no more as we provide you with information on how to obtain a Vietnam work permit exemption certificate. This certification is equivalent to a work permit and allows foreigners to work in Vietnam without having to apply for a work permit. In this article, we will discuss who is eligible to get a Vietnam work permit exemption certificate and where foreigners can obtain it.
A work permit is a legal document that authorizes its holders to engage in employment and receive compensation from a company in Vietnam. As a foreigner working in Vietnam, you need to have a work permit. However, not everyone is aware of the Vietnam work permit exemption certificate, which allows foreigners to work in Vietnam without a work permit.
The Vietnam work permit exemption certificate has a validity of up to two years and serves as the basis to apply for a temporary residence card. This certification is equivalent to a work permit and allows foreigners to work in Vietnam legally.
Who is Eligible to Get Vietnam Work Permit Exemption?
Foreigners may be eligible to get work permit exemption in Vietnam if they are included in one of the scenarios listed below:
- Capital-contributing members or owners of limited liability companies.
- Members of the Board of Directors of joint-stock companies.
- Chiefs of representative offices and directors of projects of international organizations or non-governmental organizations in Vietnam.
- Those who stay in Vietnam for under three months to offer services for sale.
- Those who stay in Vietnam for under three months to deal with complicated technical or technological problems that adversely impact or are at risk of exerting adverse impacts on production and business activities, and these problems cannot be handled by Vietnamese and foreign experts who are currently in Vietnam.
- Foreign lawyers possessing a professional practice license in Vietnam in accordance with the Law on Lawyers.
- It is in accordance with a treaty to which Vietnam is a contracting party.
If you fall under one of these categories, you can obtain a Vietnam work permit exemption certificate and legally work in Vietnam.
Where Can Foreigners Obtain for Vietnam Work Permit Exemption?
Foreigners who are eligible to get a Vietnam work permit exemption certificate can obtain it from the Department of Labor, Invalids, and Social Affairs (DOLISA) or the Management Board of Industrial Zones (MBIZ).
The process of obtaining a Vietnam work permit exemption certificate involves submitting an application form, along with supporting documents. The application form is available online, and you can fill it out and submit it through the DOLISA or MBIZ website.
The supporting documents required for a Vietnam work permit exemption certificate may vary depending on the category you fall under. Generally, you will need to provide a copy of your passport, visa, and other relevant documents.
Once you have submitted the application and supporting documents, the DOLISA or MBIZ will review your application and issue a Vietnam work permit exemption certificate if you meet the eligibility criteria.
In conclusion, a Vietnam work permit exemption certificate is an alternative to a work permit that allows foreigners to work in Vietnam legally. If you fall under one of the categories outlined above, you can obtain a Vietnam work permit exemption certificate from the DOLISA or MBIZ. Remember that having a Vietnam work permit exemption certificate is essential if you want to work in Vietnam without a work permit.
We hope that this article has been informative and helpful in understanding the legal requirements for working in Vietnam. If you have any questions or need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The website www.visaonlinevietnam.org is an online information and service site specializing in Vietnamese visas. With the purpose of supporting and simplifying the visa application process, this website provides detailed information about visa types such as tourist visa, business visa, work visa and visit visa.