Are you an Irish citizen planning to visit Vietnam? Do you need a visa to enter this beautiful Southeast Asian country? If so, then this article is for you! In this comprehensive guide, we will answer all your questions about obtaining a Vietnam visa for Ireland citizens. We will discuss the different ways to apply for a visa, the requirements, and the procedures involved. So, let’s get started!
Do Irish Citizens Need a Visa to Visit Vietnam?
The short answer is yes, Irish citizens need a visa to enter Vietnam. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. Vietnam has a list of visa exemptions for certain nationalities that allow them to enter the country without a visa for a limited period. To find out if your nationality is exempted from visa requirements, take a look at the table below.
||Length of stay
If your country is not listed in the table above, then you will need to apply for a visa to enter Vietnam.
Different Types of Vietnam Visas for Ireland Citizens
There are different types of visas that Irish citizens can apply for depending on their purpose of travel. These include:
- Tourist visa (valid for 1 month or 3 months)
- Business visa (valid for 1 month or 3 months)
- Visa on arrival (valid for 1 month or 3 months)
There are several ways to obtain a Vietnam visa for Ireland citizens. Here are the three most popular methods that Irish passport holders can choose from:
- Applying directly at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in Ireland
- Applying for a visa on arrival in Vietnam
- Applying for an e-visa on arrival by land
Applying Directly at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in Ireland
The first option is to apply for a visa directly at the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in Ireland. This method is best suited for those who have enough time before their trip and prefer to have their visa in hand before traveling.
Procedure to Apply for Visa at the Embassy/Consulate:
- Download the visa application form from the official website of the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in Ireland.
- Fill out the form with accurate information.
- Prepare the required documents, including your original passport (valid for at least 6 months), a recent passport-sized photo, and the visa fee.
- Submit the application form and required documents to the embassy/consulate.
- Pay the visa fee and wait for your visa to be processed.
It usually takes 3-5 working days for the embassy/consulate to process a visa application. Once your visa is approved, you can collect it from the embassy/consulate or have it mailed to you.
Applying for a Visa on Arrival in Vietnam
The second option is to apply for a visa on arrival in Vietnam. This method is more convenient for those who do not have a Vietnamese embassy/consulate in their country or those who do not have enough time to apply for a visa beforehand.
Vietnam Visa Approval Letter:
In order to apply for a visa on arrival, you will need a visa approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department. To obtain this letter, you can apply online through a reputable visa agency in Vietnam.
Procedure to Apply for Visa on Arrival:
- Fill out the online visa application form and submit it along with the required documents.
- Pay the visa processing fee.
- Wait for 2-3 business days to receive your visa approval letter via email.
- Once you receive the approval letter, print it out and bring it with you to Vietnam.
- Upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam, present your passport, approval letter, and visa stamping fee to the immigration officer to get your visa stamped.
Vietnam E-visa on Arrival by Land
The third option is to apply for an e-visa on arrival by land. This method is only applicable for those who enter Vietnam by land, specifically through one of the following ports:
- Bo Y border gate
- Cha Lo border gate
- Cau Treo border gate
- Huu Nghi border gate
- Lao Bao border gate
- La Lay border gate
- Lao Cai border gate
- Mong Cai border gate
- Nam Can border gate
- Song Tien border gate
- Tinh Bien border gate
- Xa Mat border gate
Procedure to Apply for E-visa:
- Fill out the online application form for the e-visa and submit it along with the required documents.
- Pay the visa processing fee.
- Wait for 2-3 business days to receive your e-visa approval letter via email.
- Print out the e-visa and bring it with you to the designated port of entry.
- Present your e-visa and other required documents to be granted entry into Vietnam.
In conclusion, Irish citizens need a visa to enter Vietnam. However, there are different types of visas available, including tourist visas, business visas, and visa on arrival. Depending on your purpose of travel, you can choose the most suitable method to apply for a visa. Whether you decide to apply directly at the embassy/consulate, or opt for a visa on arrival, make sure to follow the procedures and have all the required documents ready to ensure a smooth application process. We hope this comprehensive guide has provided you with all the necessary information to obtain a Vietnam visa for Ireland citizens. Happy travels!