Vietnam is a country of great natural beauty with stunning landscapes that attract millions of tourists every year. From the mountains in the north to the beaches in the south, Vietnam has something for everyone. In this article, we will share some tips and insights for foreigners who plan to visit Vietnam for the first time.
Vietnam is a popular destination for tourists from all over the world. Whether you are looking to explore the culture, enjoy the food, or simply relax on the beach, Vietnam has plenty to offer. Here are some reasons why foreigners love to travel to Vietnam
Time to visit
Vietnam is an all-year-round destination, but the best time to visit depends on your itinerary. The winter months (November to April) are ideal for exploring the northern regions such as Sapa, Hanoi, and Halong Bay. The summer months (May to October) are perfect for visiting the central and southern parts of the country such as Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City, and Phu Quoc Island. However, it’s important to note that the weather can be unpredictable, so it’s always a good idea to check the forecast before you go.
Money in Vietnam
Vietnam’s currency is the Vietnamese dong (VND). Cash is king in Vietnam, and many places don’t accept credit cards. ATMs are available in most major cities, but it’s always wise to have some cash on hand. As for the cost of living, Vietnam is relatively inexpensive compared to other countries. Budget travelers can expect to spend around $20-30 per day, while mid-range travelers can expect to spend around $50-100 per day.
Some places have to go
Vietnam is a vast country with numerous attractions. Here are some must-visit places for first-time visitors:
The North Vietnam
- Hanoi: Vietnam’s capital city, known for its rich history and culture.
- Halong Bay: A UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its emerald waters and towering limestone islands.
- Sapa: A mountainous region in the northwest of Vietnam, famous for its stunning rice terraces and ethnic hill tribes.
The Middle of Vietnam
- Da Nang: A coastal city in central Vietnam with a beautiful beach and lively nightlife.
- Hoi An: A charming ancient town with well-preserved architecture and a laid-back atmosphere.
- Hue: Vietnam’s former imperial capital, known for its historical landmarks and delicious cuisine.
The South Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City: Vietnam’s largest city and economic hub, formerly known as Saigon.
- Mekong Delta: A lush region in southern Vietnam known for its floating markets and rice paddies.
- Phu Quoc Island: A tropical paradise in southern Vietnam with pristine beaches and crystal clear waters.
Vietnam has a tropical climate, so it’s important to pack light and breathable clothing. You should also bring comfortable shoes for walking and hiking, as well as insect repellent and sunscreen. Don’t forget to bring a hat and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
Visa and Passport
Foreigners traveling to Vietnam must have a valid passport and visa. You can apply for a visa online or at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your home country. The visa application process is relatively simple, and you can usually get your visa within a few days.
Vietnam is a beautiful country with plenty to offer tourists. Whether you’re looking to explore the culture, relax on the beach, or enjoy the food, there’s something for everyone. When planning your trip, be sure to consider the time of year, budget, and places you want to visit. Pack light and don’t forget to bring insect repellent and sunscreen. Finally, make sure you have a valid passport and visa before you go.
We hope this article has provided some helpful insights for first-time visitors to Vietnam. With its rich culture, stunning landscapes, and friendly people, Vietnam is an ideal destination for travelers looking for adventure and relaxation. Whether you’re trekking in the mountains or lounging on the beach, Vietnam is sure to exceed your expectations. See you in Vietnam soon!
The website www.visaonlinevietnam.org is an online information and service site specializing in Vietnamese visas. With the purpose of supporting and simplifying the visa application process, this website provides detailed information about visa types such as tourist visa, business visa, work visa and visit visa.