Emergency Visa to Vietnam is a type of visa issued in urgent cases when travelers need to enter Vietnam without waiting for the regular processing time. With an Emergency Visa, travelers can apply for a visa quickly to engage in emergency activities such as medical treatment, visiting family members in difficult circumstances, or participating in important events. Travelers need to research the procedures and requirements for obtaining an Emergency Visa to Vietnam from the government agencies or Vietnamese embassies in their home country.
An emergency visa for Vietnam is a type of visa that can be issued more quickly than a regular visa, typically in 1-2 business days. This type of visa is available to travelers who have a legitimate emergency need to travel to Vietnam, such as a family illness or death, a business emergency, or a medical emergency.
To apply for an emergency visa for Vietnam, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- A completed visa application form
- A copy of your passport bio page
- A passport photo
- A letter explaining your emergency need to travel to Vietnam
- Proof of your emergency, such as a death certificate, medical report, or business letter
You can apply for an emergency visa for Vietnam online or through a Vietnamese embassy or consulate. If you are applying online, you will need to upload all of the required documentation to the visa application website. If you are applying through an embassy or consulate, you will need to submit the required documentation in person.
Once you have submitted your application and paid the visa fee, the Vietnamese government will review your application and issue a visa if it is approved. If your application is approved, you will receive a visa approval letter. You will need to print out this letter and bring it with you to Vietnam, along with your passport and passport photo.
Upon arrival in Vietnam, you will need to present your visa approval letter and passport to the immigration officer at the airport. The immigration officer will then issue you a visa stamp in your passport.
Here are some additional tips for applying for an emergency visa for Vietnam:
- Be sure to provide as much detail as possible in your letter explaining your emergency need to travel to Vietnam.
- If you have any supporting documentation for your emergency, such as a death certificate, medical report, or business letter, be sure to include it with your application.
- If you are applying online, be sure to upload all of the required documentation to the visa application website.
- If you are applying through an embassy or consulate, be sure to submit the required documentation in person.
- Be aware that there is an additional fee for emergency visas.
If you have any questions about applying for an emergency visa for Vietnam, you should contact the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your country.
How to apply for an emergency visa to Vietnam?
To apply for an emergency visa to Vietnam, you have two options:
1. Apply for an emergency visa on arrival
This is the fastest way to get a Vietnam visa, but it is only available to citizens of certain countries and only if you are arriving in Vietnam by air at one of the following international airports:
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN) in Ho Chi Minh City
- Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) in Hanoi
- Da Nang International Airport (DAD)
- Phu Quoc International Airport (PQC)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (CXR)
To apply for an emergency visa on arrival, you will need to:
- Fill out a visa application form online or at the visa on arrival counter at the airport.
- Submit your passport and two passport-sized photos.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Show proof of your emergency, such as a death certificate or a letter from a doctor.
Once your visa application has been processed, you will be given a visa approval letter. You will need to present this letter at the visa on arrival counter at the airport to get your visa stamped in your passport.
2. Apply for an emergency e-visa
An emergency e-visa is a type of electronic visa that can be processed within 1-2 working days. To apply for an emergency e-visa, you will need to:
- Visit the Vietnam Immigration Department website and click on the “Emergency E-Visa” tab.
- Fill out the online visa application form.
- Upload your passport scan and two passport-sized photos.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Provide documentation to support your emergency, such as a death certificate or a letter from a doctor.
Once your visa application has been processed, you will receive an e-visa by email. You will need to print out your e-visa and present it at the immigration counter when you arrive in Vietnam.
Please note that emergency visas are more expensive than regular visas.
Tips for applying for an emergency visa to Vietnam:
- Start the visa application process as soon as possible.
- Be prepared to provide documentation to support your emergency.
- Make sure that all of the information on your visa application is complete and accurate.
- Be patient and understanding, as the visa processing time may be longer than usual due to the emergency nature of your request.
Processing time for emergency visas to Vietnam
Processing time for emergency visas to Vietnam can vary depending on the individual’s circumstances and the type of visa application being submitted. However, in general, the processing time for an emergency visa to Vietnam is faster than that of a regular visa application.
For instance, if you need to travel to Vietnam for medical treatment or for an urgent business meeting, you can apply for an emergency visa. Emergency visas are generally processed within 2-3 working days, but the processing time may be longer depending on the situation.
To apply for an emergency visa to Vietnam, you will need to provide all necessary documents such as your passport, proof of travel, and a letter explaining the reason for your urgent travel to Vietnam. You should also provide any additional documents related to your trip, such as a letter from your employer or medical records.
It is important to note that emergency visas to Vietnam are only granted in exceptional circumstances. Therefore, it is recommended that you apply for a regular visa well in advance of your intended travel date to avoid any last-minute complications.
Can I get a same-day emergency visa to Vietnam?
If you are planning to visit Vietnam on an emergency basis, obtaining a same-day visa may not be possible. However, there are some options available for travelers who need to enter the country urgently.
Firstly, it is important to understand that Vietnam does offer express or urgent visa processing services. These services generally take between 1-2 business days to process and can be purchased at an additional cost. So if you apply for this service, you will get your visa within one or two days.
However, if you require entry into Vietnam on the same day, you can consider opting for Visa on Arrival (VOA). This option allows visitors to apply for their visa online and receive approval via email in as little as 4 hours. Upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports, travelers can present their approval letter along with their passport and payment to obtain their visa. It is important to note that VOA is only applicable to those arriving by air. If you’re coming through any other mode of transportation like land or sea, you will not be eligible for VOA.
Tips for obtaining an emergency visa to Vietnam
Tips for obtaining an emergency visa to Vietnam
- Contact the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your home country as soon as possible. They will be able to advise you on the specific requirements for an emergency visa and the fastest way to apply.
- Be prepared to provide documentation to support your emergency. This may include a copy of your passport, a letter from your employer or school explaining the need for your travel, and proof of your travel arrangements.
- Be prepared to pay an expedited processing fee. Emergency visas typically cost more than regular visas.
- Consider using a visa processing service. These services can help you to expedite your application and ensure that all of the required documentation is submitted correctly.
Here are some additional tips that may help you to obtain an emergency visa to Vietnam more quickly:
- Apply for an e-visa if possible. E-visas are the fastest and easiest way to obtain a visa to Vietnam, and they can be processed in as little as 24 hours. However, e-visas are only available to citizens of certain countries.
- Choose a reputable visa processing service. There are many visa processing services available, but not all of them are created equal. Be sure to choose a service that has a good reputation and that is experienced in processing emergency visas.
- Be clear and concise in your communication. When you contact the Vietnamese embassy or consulate or a visa processing service, be sure to clearly and concisely explain the need for your emergency visa. This will help them to process your application more quickly.
If you are traveling to Vietnam on an emergency basis, it is important to be aware that the visa application process may be more complex and time-consuming than it would be for a regular visa. However, by following the tips above, you can increase your chances of obtaining an emergency visa quickly and efficiently.
The website www.visaonlinevietnam.org is an online information and service site specializing in Vietnamese visas. With the purpose of supporting and simplifying the visa application process, this website provides detailed information about visa types such as tourist visa, business visa, work visa and visit visa.