Many travelers are captivated by the ravishing beauty of Northern Vietnam with high passes, deep chasms and winding terraced fields. What the most incredible places for backpacking are and how attractive sceneries are, let’s refer to the article below to have the most proper schedule. Hanoi will be considered as the starting point so that you can visualize easily if you have North Vietnam Motorbike Tours to discover the most beautiful destinations in Northern Vietnam.
Mai Chau – The closest destination from Hanoi
Mai Chau is an ideal destination to organize campfires, team building, and social activities to help local residents. To motorbike riders, it’s a can’t-skip spot for an amazing motorcycle trip near Hanoi City on weekends.
You can visit Mai Chau at any season of the year because each season possesses its own beauty. From Hanoi, follow the route from Hanoi – Xuan Mai – Luong Son – Hoa Binh – Muong Khen – Mai Chau, along the National Road 6. Once coming to Mai Chau, don’t forget to visit these stunning places:
- Thung Khe Pass: A winding rugged route which is very appropriate for young people to show off their skillful steering wheel.
- Mo Luong cave: The place stores colorful thousand-year-old stalactites.
- Ban Lac (Lac Village): The largest tourist area in Mai Chau where you can buy souvenirs, and explore the culture of the indigenous people.
- Ban Nhot (Nhot Village): The impressive place for snapping photo shots.
The suggestive specialties you should taste when arriving in Mai Chau are bamboo-tube rice, grilled skewers, wild bees fried with bamboo shoots, sticky rice, etc.
Moc Chau – The attractive destination for North Vietnam motorbike tours
It is any time of the year that you could travel Moc Chau by motorbike because this place is always stunning. According to riders with many experiences of riding North, from October to December is the time for breathtaking rape flower and wild sunflower fields blooming. You definitely will be fascinated once you come there in the flowery seasons. While January and February are months for plum blossoms and peach blossoms, June and July are the plum fruit time.
For a North Vietnam motorbike tour from Hanoi to Moc Chau, you should spend at least 3 days 2 nights. In these days, you should spend the first night sleeping in Mai Chau, then explore Moc Chau on the second day. On the last day, you could stop by some tourist attractions on the way riding back to Ha Noi.
Traveling to Moc Chau by motorbike offers the chance to enjoy the marvelous beauty of nature. Below are some well-known destinations in the North that you could give a visit in Moc Chau:
- Thung Cuong Village: a place to capture breathtaking wedding photos.
- Pa Phach Village: the road leading there is pretty craggy with a lot of high-pitched slopes, a great opt for those who love adventures.
- Pine Forest in Ang Village: Beautiful, shimmering and colorful. It is a place to store the cultural values of the Thai people.
- Dai Yem Waterfall: Transparent streams flowing into the shape of a bib like a picturesque masterpiece.
- Son Moc Huong Cave: a well-known Bat Cave in Vietnam
- Moc Chau tea hill: The immense green tea hills are ideal for taking pictures.
- Laos Market: Cultural exchange with Laos. Only with some simple procedures, you can cross the border to visit Laos and go shopping there.
- Pha Luong Peak: This is a really famous destination of Moc Chau.
- Specialties in the North – Moc Chau include: Dried buffalo meat hung up on a wooden stove, calf meat, strawberry, mystery snails of Bang stream, grilled spring fish, fresh moo-moo milk, etc.
Mu Cang Chai – North Vietnam motorbike attraction for admiring immense rice terraced fields
Mu Cang Chai is home to some of Asia’s most magnificent cultivated topography. Mu Cang Chai is the most fabulous in two periods: From September to Mid-October is time for the fields filled with the immense vibrant beauty of ripe rice and buckwheat flowers blooming. In the summer is when the rain falls down and farmers start cultivating on terraced fields.
Here are some stunning attractions you can’t skip when taking a North Vietnam motorbike tour to Mu Cang Chai:
- Khau Pha Pass: It takes approximately 5 hours to ride along the Highway 32 from Yen Bai city to Khau Pha pass, where is renowned for stunning buckwheat flower forests for you to set up a tent and stay.
- Lim Mong Village: Where there are craggy, high-pitched paths suitable for riders.
- Raspberry Rice Fields: 10km from the center of the district, it is next to Ba Nha Bridge that is one of the best places for some photo hunting.
- Mu Cang Chai Kermis: A place that sells various mountainous specialties for you to pick up.
- Che Tao – Muong La Off-road: Where is pretty challenging with steep and slippery slopes. You should be careful because it is one of the top dangerous roads.
- Ngoc Chien – Muong La Off-road: You can immerse yourself in hot springs and enjoy delicious Thai cuisine.
- Mo Waterfall: The most stunning waterfall in Mu Cang Chai.
- Thai Village: Visiting the extremely unique stilt houses.
- Once visiting Mu Cang Chai, you should not skip these tasty local dishes: grilled pork, Tu Le grilled sticky rice, docynia indica, bee pupa, salmon and sturgeon, roasted grasshoppers, roasted salted crabs.
Sapa – The most poetic destination for North Vietnam motorbike tours
The name Sapa is not strange to everyone, particularly the experienced backpackers. Joining Sapa motorbike tours, you not only can enjoy the fresh air from nature but also have an opportunity to immerse yourself in the immense rice fields, the vast blooming areas and magnificent terraced fields. The primary means of transportation used for the North Vietnam Motorbike Tours is a motorcycle and Sapa is not an exception. You can start the tour with the route: Yen Bai – Lao Cai – Sapa.
The places you can’t miss out once coming to Sapa:
- Ham Rong Mountain: It is located in the center of the town.
- Silver Waterfall: 12 km from the town
- May Bridge: 17 km from the town.
- Cat Cat Village: 2km from the town.
- Ta Van Village: 8km from the center of the town.
- Ta Phin Village: 12 km from the center of the town
- Ancient stone area: 10km from the center of the town
- Fansipan mountain peak: 9km from the town.
- Ha Market: About 70 km from Lao Cai
- Stone Church: In the center of Sapa town
When coming to Sapa, you definitely should try tasty specialties such as sour bamboo shoots, Pyrus granulosa, black chicken, grilled freshwater fish, dried buffalo meat hanging up the kitchen,”Thang Co”, corn pies, Muong Khuong chili sauce, etc.
Ha Giang – An off-road challenge when taking North Vietnam motorbike tours
Ha Giang is the frontier land of Vietnam, which is not only famous for the majestic mountainous sceneries but also is one of the most appropriate places for North Vietnam Motorbike Tours. Ha Giang is beautiful all year round and advisable for you to explore every season. From March to May, it is the time when trees sprout, flowers bloom while from August to September is the season of ripe rice, October to November is the season of buckwheat flowers blooming.
The route from Hanoi to Ha Giang is quite long (about 320km), so you need to know clearly the route and well-prepare for your Ha Giang motorbike tours. There are two route options from Hanoi to Ha Giang for your memorable North Vietnam Motorbike Tours:
- Hanoi – Son Tay – Trung Ha bridge – Co Tiet – Phong Chau Bridge – Phu Tho – Tuyen Quang – Ha Giang.
- Hanoi – Thang Long bridge – Vinh Phuc – Viet Tri – Phu Tho – Tuyen Quang – Ha Giang.
Below are some famous destinations in Ha Giang which are recommended by experienced riders:
- Dong Van Old Town: located in Dong Van town is an architectural complex with both historical and artistic value.
- Dong Van rock plateau: a convergence of interesting natural landscapes that contains both of scientific value and many special cultural traits of the Vietnamese ethnic community.
- Lung Cu flagpole: The flagpole is erected on the top of Long Son, and carved with reliefs of Dong Son bronze drum. To reach the top of the Lung Cu flagpole, visitors will have to climb the 389 stairs, 140 spiral steps in the flagpole
- The Mansion of Vuong Family is located on Sa Phin (Dong Van – Ha Giang).
- Quan Ba Twin Mountain is a famous spot located near Highway 4C (40 km from Ha Giang town). This place is associated with interesting legends about Co Tien Mountain.
The popular delicacies in Ha Giang include “Thang Co”, “Au Tau” soup,” Thang Den”, grilled moss, sour noodle, sticky rice with five colors, buffalo meat hanging up the kitchen, bamboo-tube rice, corn wine, etc.
Those 5 stunning North Vietnam attractions are based on the real trips of experienced riders to the North. Hopefully, it will be helpful for traveling lovers on your safe and exciting North Vietnam Motorbike Tours.
BM Travel Adventure host high-class professional Vietnam motorbike tours from North to South, with tours ranging from 1 to 21 days. We hold hundreds of motorbike tours each year and we are well-informed about all on-road and off-road terrains in Vietnam. We undertake to bring our dear customers a whole new and unique experience found in nowhere else.
Aside from Vietnam motorbike tours, BM Travel Adventure is also a leading motorcycle rental in Hanoi, Vietnam offering all kinds of motorbike comprising dirt bikes, enduro bikes, and off-road motorcycles. Having many years of experience, we ensure to provide the best motorbike rental services.
Address: 3/7/36 Duy Tan Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam
Phone: +84 976 024 986