Are you an Indian citizen planning a trip to Vietnam? If so, one of the most important things you need to take care of is obtaining a visa. Fortunately, Vietnam offers e-visas, which are a quick and easy way to obtain permission to enter the country. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about getting an e-visa for Vietnam from India.
Who Needs an E-Visa for Vietnam?
Before we dive into the details of how to obtain an e-visa for Vietnam, let’s first discuss who needs one. Indian citizens are among the many nationalities that require a visa to enter Vietnam. However, not all types of visas are available to Indian citizens. For example, Indian citizens are not eligible for visa exemptions, which allow some nationalities to enter Vietnam without a visa for a limited period.
What Is an E-Visa for Vietnam?
An e-visa is an electronic travel authorization that allows you to enter and exit Vietnam for tourism, business, or transit purposes. It is a single-entry visa that is valid for a maximum of 30 days. Unlike traditional visas, which require you to visit an embassy or consulate in person, e-visas can be obtained online, making the process much more convenient.
It is recommended that you apply for your e-visa at least two weeks before your planned departure date. The processing time for e-visas is typically three business days, but it can take longer in some cases. Applying well in advance will give you plenty of time to receive your e-visa and make any necessary travel arrangements.
How to Obtain an E-Visa for Vietnam from India?
Obtaining an e-visa for Vietnam from India is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the official website for e-visa applications at https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/.
- Click “For Foreigners” and select “E-visa Issuance.”
- Create an account and fill out the application form with your personal information and travel details.
- Upload a digital passport photo and a scanned copy of your passport’s biographical page.
- Pay the application fee of $25 using a credit or debit card.
- Wait for your e-visa to be processed. This usually takes three business days, but it can take longer in some cases.
- Print out your e-visa and bring it with you when you travel to Vietnam.
Pros and Cons of Getting an E-Visa for Vietnam from India
Like any other type of visa, there are pros and cons to obtaining an e-visa for Vietnam from India. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages to consider:
- Easy and convenient online application process
- No need to visit an embassy or consulate in person
- Faster processing time than traditional visas
- Cheaper than most traditional visas
- Only valid for 30 days and for a single entry
- Cannot be extended or renewed
- Not available to all nationalities
- May not be accepted at all entry points in Vietnam
Alternatives to Getting an E-Visa for Vietnam from India
If you’re not eligible for an e-visa or prefer a different type of visa, there are several alternatives to consider. These include:
- Visa on Arrival (VOA): This is another type of electronic visa that allows you to receive a visa stamp upon arrival at certain airports in Vietnam.
- Traditional Visa: You can also apply for a traditional visa by visiting the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in India.
Step-by-Step Guide to Getting a Visa on Arrival (VOA) for Vietnam
If you decide to apply for a VOA instead of an e-visa, here’s a step-by-step guide to the process:
- Visit a website that offers VOA services and fill out an online application form.
- Pay the service fee online.
- Receive a letter of approval via email within two business days.
- Print out the letter of approval and bring it with you to the airport.
- Show the letter of approval and pay the visa stamping fee to receive your visa at the airport.
Comparing E-Visas and Visas on Arrival for Vietnam
Now that we’ve covered both e-visas and visas on arrival for Vietnam, let’s compare the two options to help you make an informed decision.
- Only available for certain nationalities, including Indian citizens.
- Must be obtained before traveling to Vietnam.
- Can be applied for online, making the process convenient.
- Generally faster and cheaper than traditional visas.
Visas on Arrival:
- Available for most nationalities, including Indian citizens. -Can be obtained upon arrival in Vietnam at certain airports.
- Requires a letter of approval from a VOA service provider, which can take up to two business days to receive.
- Can be more expensive than e-visas, due to additional visa stamping fees.
Ultimately, the choice between an e-visa and a VOA will depend on your personal preferences and travel plans. If you prefer to have everything arranged before you leave home, an e-visa may be the better option. On the other hand, if you’re comfortable with waiting until you arrive in Vietnam to obtain your visa, a VOA may be the way to go.
Tips for a Smooth E-Visa Application Process
To ensure a smooth e-visa application process, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Double-check that all of the information you provide is accurate and matches your passport.
- Make sure the digital passport photo you upload meets the required specifications.
- Use a secure internet connection when submitting your application and payment.
- Keep a copy of your e-visa with you when you travel to Vietnam.
Now that you know all about getting an e-visa for Vietnam from India, let’s talk about some of the best places to visit once you arrive. Here are a few must-see destinations in Vietnam:
- Ha Long Bay: This stunning bay features thousands of limestone islands and islets, making it a popular spot for boat tours and kayaking.
- Hoi An: Known for its well-preserved Ancient Town, Hoi An offers a glimpse into Vietnam’s rich cultural heritage.
- Ho Chi Minh City: Formerly known as Saigon, this bustling city is a hub of commerce and culture, with numerous attractions such as the War Remnants Museum and the Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Sapa: Located in the northern part of Vietnam, Sapa is a popular destination for hiking and trekking, with breathtaking scenery and traditional hill tribe villages.
Obtaining an e-visa for Vietnam from India is a quick and easy process that allows you to travel to this beautiful country with ease. By following the steps outlined in this article, you’ll be able to apply for and receive your e-visa with minimal hassle. And once you arrive in Vietnam, you’ll have a wealth of stunning destinations to explore.
- What documents do I need to apply for an e-visa for Vietnam?
You will need a digital passport photo and a scanned copy of your passport’s biographical page.
- Can I extend my e-visa once I’m in Vietnam?
No, e-visas cannot be extended or renewed.
- How much does an e-visa for Vietnam cost?
The application fee for an e-visa is $25 USD.
- How long is an e-visa for Vietnam valid for?
E-visas are valid for a maximum of 30 days and for a single entry only.
- Can I enter Vietnam with an e-visa at any entry point?
No, e-visas are only accepted at certain entry points. It’s important to check beforehand to ensure that your planned entry point accepts e-visas.
- How long does it take to receive an e-visa for Vietnam?
It typically takes three to five business days to process your e-visa application, but it can take longer if additional documentation is required.
- What should I do if my e-visa application is denied?
If your e-visa application is denied, you may still be able to enter Vietnam using a different type of visa. You can also appeal the decision with the Vietnamese immigration authorities.
- Can I use an e-visa to enter Vietnam for work purposes?
No, e-visas are only valid for tourism and business purposes. If you plan to work in Vietnam, you will need to obtain a work permit.
- Do I need to get a COVID-19 test before traveling to Vietnam?
Yes, all travelers to Vietnam must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of departure.
- Can I use an e-visa to enter Vietnam multiple times?
No, e-visas are only valid for a single entry. If you plan to leave Vietnam and re-enter, you will need to apply for a new e-visa or a different type of visa.
In conclusion, if you’re planning a trip to Vietnam from India, obtaining an e-visa is a quick and easy way to obtain the necessary documentation to enter the country. By following the steps outlined in this article and keeping in mind some helpful tips, you’ll be able to apply for and receive your e-visa with minimal hassle.
Vietnam offers a wealth of amazing destinations to explore, from the stunning natural beauty of Ha Long Bay to the vibrant culture of Ho Chi Minh City. With your e-visa in hand, you’ll be able to discover all that this incredible country has to offer.
So start planning your trip today and get ready for an unforgettable adventure in Vietnam!